Hunger Walk for UIC Pop-Up Pantry
September 8, 2018
8:30 AM - 11:30 AM
Meet near basketball courts off Hayes Drive, Chicago, IL 60612
Support the Greater Chicago Food Depository and UIC's Pop-Up Pantry!
The UIC Pop-Up Pantry is getting ready to kick off another successful school year and needs your help. Like last year, the Pop-Up Pantry is asking for your support through participation in the 2018 Greater Chicago Food Depository Hunger Walk. For each person that walks on behalf of the UIC Pop-Up Pantry, $12 is added to the Pantry's account at the GCFD. This credit allows the Pantry to purchase food items for the Pantry to support and fuel student success. 100% of the money earned through participation in this walk will be used to purchase grocery items for the Pop-Up Pantry. At the 2017 Hunger Walk, the Pantry earned over $1,500 in funds and hopes to match the success this year.
The Hunger Walk is Saturday, September 8th at Jackson Park. The walk kicks off at 8:30am and concludes at 11:30am. The Pantry hopes to gain the support and participation of as many students, faculty, staff, and community members as possible. Please feel free to ask friends, family, or anyone else who would be interested in participating to join you.
In order for UIC Pop-Up Pantry to receive credit, you must register by August 29th and you must walk.
Follow the steps to register:
- Follow the link: https://www.classy.org/event/33rd-annual-hunger-walk/e174902
- Click the orange "Register" button in middle of page.
- Click the middle circle, “join a team”.
- In the search bar, type in "UIC Pop Up Pantry". It will generate “UIC Pop Up Pantry A01542”
- Click white box with the team name
- You will see two boxes, “GCFD Member Agency” and “Private Teams and Individuals”. Click the + sign in the “GCFD Member Agency” box. When you click the + sign it will go up, click to one. Then click the orange "Register" button in the bottom right hand corner.
- Fill out the form. And then click the orange “next” button on the right hand side.
- Add a donation page, but please do not feel obligated to donate monetarily. You may click “skip this donation” under the donation box on page. Your presence in the walk is support enough!
- Fill out the information requested, you will not be charged. Then click orange “purchase” button.
- You should receive an email that says “Success! Your registration was successful!” You will receive an email confirmation.
Jul 20, 2018
Sep 6, 2018