Post an Opportunity
Student Leadership and Civic Engagement works to connect UIC students with opportunities to contribute to the local community. We invite community organizations to utilize our platform to recruit UIC volunteers.
We have partnered with Galaxy Digital to offer a new platform for agencies to post volunteer opportunities, and for students to find and sign up for those opportunities. We’re excited about the many great functions of the platform and hope it will support your community organization in connecting with UIC volunteers.
Register at go.uic.edu/serviceopps. Fill out required information, and anything else you’d like to share. Once your agency is approved, you can update this information at any time.
Submit your information and SLCE will be notified to approve your agency. We will do our best to review all submissions within 2 business days.
Enhance Your Profile
After approval, take the time to add additional information to your agency profile. Suggestions:
- Logo (minimum size is 540×540 pixels)
- At least one additional “agency manager” – another staff person, or a general email address for inquiries/volunteers
- Website and social media accounts
- Click “submit agency” at any time to save your updates.
Add an Opportunity
Add at least one volunteer opportunity or event.
- “Opportunities” or “Needs” are volunteer opportunities – something for which you would like to recruit volunteers.
- “Events” are opportunities for people to attend/participate, not volunteer.
- For example, if you are hosting a fundraiser, you may post a “need” for volunteers to help with setup/cleanup, and you may post an “event” for people who want to attend the fundraiser.
- Log in. Click on the “Opportunities” tab.
- Click the blue box with “Add new opportunity”. Fill in required information and anything else you’d like to share.
- Note: “Public” means it will be visible to all UIC users. “Private” means it will be visible only to agency managers and anyone to whom you send a direct link.
- Click “Create opportunity”. The opportunity will be posted. You can edit it at any time.
- For additional training on how to use the platform, please view the Agency Manager’s Toolbox. You can also sign up to attend a webinar training hosted by the platform’s team.
- If you need help or have questions, don’t hesitate to reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org!