Post an Opportunity
Student Leadership and Civic Engagement works to connect UIC students with opportunities to contribute to the local community. We invite community organizations to utilize our platform to recruit UIC volunteers. There are currently over 200 Chicagoland community agency profiles on our UIC Service Portal.
We have partnered with UIC Connection to offer a platform for agencies to post volunteer opportunities, and for students to find and sign up for those opportunities. We’re excited about the many great functions of the platform and hope it will support your community organization in connecting with UIC volunteers.
Get Started Heading link
Email firstname.lastname@example.org to request an agency profile. Include the title of your agency, contact person, contact email, contact phone number and a website (if applicable). SLCE will review your request and email you if approved within one week.
Enhance Your Profile
After approval, take the time to add additional information to your agency profile. Suggestions:
- Logo (minimum size is 540×540 pixels)
- Website and social media accounts
Add an Opportunity Heading link
Once you’re an approved agency, make sure to add at least one volunteer opportunity or event, and keep your volunteer opportunities updated on a regular basis.
Posting a Volunteer Opportunity
- Log Into UIC CONNECTION.
- Go To Your Group > ‘Events.’
- Click Green ‘Create Event’ Button (Top Right Corner).
- Fill In All Appropriate Event Info.
- [Scroll Down To The ‘Service Opportunities’ Drop-down] Click Into The Drop-down > Click ‘Yes’ Next To ‘List this event under Service Opportunities’ section.
- Click Either ‘Save,’ If Completed Or ‘Save As Draft’ To Come Back To/Edit Event.
The basic instructions to create an event can also be found here