Student Leadership and Civic Engagement offers many creative workshops for student organizations, university staff, and the classroom! Explore these options as ways to support your specific needs.
Fall 2021 Leadership Workshop Series
Looking to participate in a leadership program, but cannot commit to 6 weeks or a full Saturday event this fall? Join us for any or all of the following stand-alone, topic-based leadership workshops, as these are great options for students looking for an hour or hour-and-a-half-long program to squeeze into a busy schedule!
The Fall 2021 Leadership Workshop Series will feature the following topics:
- Building On Past Involvement Experiences – Wednesday, September 8, 2021, 12pm
- This workshop will allow you to reflect on your previous involvement (at UIC or in high school) and start you on the right path for future leadership roles
- Resume Development for Student Leaders – October TBD
- This workshop will help students spruce up their resume to best feature their leadership roles and highlight their transferable skills
- Leadership Burnout – Thursday, November 4, 2021, 4pm
- This workshop will talk about what burnout looks like as an involved student on campus and how to best avoid it
Spring 2021 Leadership Workshop Series
Past Leadership Workshops
See below for the inaugral virtual workshops, hosted in the spring of 2021. These were stand-alone leadership programs for students who were not looking to commit to more than an hour or hour-and-a-half-long program.
- Virtual Facilitation: February 11, 2021
- Burnout: February 26. 2021
- Strengths: March 8. 2021
- Ethical Leadership and Volunteering: April 6, 2021
Leadership on Demand
Bring Student Leadership and Civic Engagement to your organization! We offer leadership consultations for organizations addressing capacity-building, conflict strategies, vision- and goal-setting, officer transitions, and more. We can present workshops for your executive board or your full organization, or design a program unique to your organization’s needs. We can also provide you with assessment-based seminars and workshops, catered to your organization’s needs.
Assessment-Based Seminar Options
Focus on the positives and learn about how your individual talents can be turned into leadership strengths. This workshop allows students to take the acclaimed Clifton StrengthsFinder assessment and then explore their results through a series of interactive exercises. The StrengthsFinder for Students curriculum offers groups the chance to focus in on individual development, group cohesion, change practices, and more.
Leadership Practices Inventory
Build toward your personal leadership best with Leadership Practices Inventory, an assessment tool that allows you to understand your leadership from multiple angles. Student Leadership and Civic Engagement will facilitate LPI for you or a group so you can successfully apply your results.